Information for Yogis
Whether you have practiced Yoga before or are a new Yogi, please take a few minutes to read the following information which I hope will help you in your practice.
- Please let me know if you have any health conditions, injuries or are pregnant. This will enable me to advise you on alternative postures and ensure you stay safe
- It is not advisable to eat for around 2 hours before class. A snack is ok but anything else can leave you feeling sickly and may inhibit movement
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing you can move in and which will not fall down over your head and reveal bits you don’t want to reveal! Have something warm to wear for relaxation at the end of practice
- Please try to arrive a few minutes early for class so we can start and finish on time.
- If you are a beginner it is especially important to arrive early so I can chat with you before class.
- If anything is unclear please let me know and I will do my best to help
- And finally – Please work at your own level and pace and avoid forcing yourself into postures. Flexibility and strength comes with practice and to force can cause injury
Enjoy and Namaste!
I am currently teaching the following regular weekly classes. Please contact me if you would like any further information regarding individual classes.
Beginners to yoga are very welcome to attend almost all of my classes and where possible alternatives and modifications will be given when needed. Please arrive 5/10 minutes early for class so we can chat about yoga and your needs.
I also teach private sessions for individuals or groups and hold monthly 2 hour workshops. Please see the relevant website page for details.
|Level||Details||Day & Times||Venue|
|1- 3||Private Teaching||Monday||Grantham/Nottingham / Retford|
|1 - 2||Yin and Yang Yoga||Tuesday |
6.00pm - 7.15pm
|Jasmine Trust Yoga Centre
|1-2||Sweet Sleep||Tuesday |
|Aurora Wellbeing Centre, Worksop|
|1-2||Exploring Yoga||Thursday 08.45am - 10.00am||Jasmine Trust Yoga Centre, Retford|
|Jasmine Trust Yoga Centre, Retford|
|1-2||Rebuild, Restore and Relax Yoga|
(For people living with cancer and other health conditions) See workshops page for further information.
2.00pm - 3.30pm
|Aurora Wellbeing Centre, Worksop|
|1-3||Varying themes and styles of yoga. Please check workshops page for details.||Fridays – monthly|
6.30pm – 8.30pm.
See workshops listing for dates
|Thomas Helwys Baptist Church, Lenton|
Individual and Small Group Yoga
I can work with individuals either in your home or mine in my tranquil yoga room. This can often be useful if you are new to yoga and would like some help with the fundamentals before you join a class. Private tuition can also be very beneficial if you are recovering from an injury or are returning to exercise after a health problem. If you are particularly interested in developing an aspect of your yoga practice which you feel is not addressed in a general class, please discuss this with me and I may be able to help.
Alternatively, if your preference is for smaller group teaching and you have 2 – 4 friends or family members who would like to come along to my lovely yoga room for private ‘mini group’ classes, please get in touch to discuss. This can be a wonderful and very cost effective way of enjoying yoga!
Yoga for Stressed People
I am especially interested in ways in which we can use yoga to help restore and replenish ourselves . Many of us are so busy and the demands of life can become wearing leading to symptoms of stress such as increasing fatigue, low mood, sleep disturbance and anxiety.
I am happy to offer one to one or small group gentle restorative yoga teaching and also yin yoga sessions for deep release stretching. These kinds of practices can be very beneficial if you lead a hectic life and have trouble slowing your pace or winding down.
Similarly these relaxing yet deep forms of practice can help promote clarity of thought, better quality of sleep and enhance mood and general well being.
Recorded relaxations. For a small charge, I can also provide you with a personalised recorded relaxation practice, sent to your mobile phone so you can use it anywhere!
Yoga For Tired People and Yoga for Insomnia and Sleep Issues
I am trained in yoga therapy for insomnia and sleep problems and work with the ‘Super Sleep’ method (developed by Lisa Sanfilipo and The Minded Institute) alongside other ‘sleep supporting’ practices. Join me for a short course of individual work and we can work together on improving your sleep. Alternatively, take a look at my workshops page to find details of my latest ‘Super Sleep’ workshops.
Please contact me for details if any of the above are of interest to you.
☏ 0771 887 5614