What is a workshop?
I hold regular (usually monthly) yoga workshops and occasional day workshops. The monthly workshops are generally 2 hours long and offer a great opportunity to explore a theme or aspect of our yoga practice in much greater depth. In addition to progressing in our asana (postures) I also offer varied teachings on yoga anatomy, philosophy, yogic myths and storytelling and areas of yoga which are not often covered in general classes such as mantra, mudra, meditation forms and yoga nidra. A really good way to expand your knowledge of yourself and your practice!
How to Book
Booking is essential for all workshops. I respectfully ask for advance payment to reserve your place. Please book and make full payment in advance (cash, cheque, bank transferor paypal where button is shown alongside event).
I cannot accept cancellations from one week before the workshop without payment. If you cancel earlier than the week, a 50% refund will be made.
Upcoming Workshops and Courses
Nourish and Flourish
Join me for an afternoon of self enquiry and exploration of practices which can be useful to help manage anxiety and build nervous system resilience.
Enjoy a little self care and restore your depleted energy.
Booking is essential.
All are welcome to join.
When: Saturday 27 June 2020, 3.00pm – 5.30pm
Where: ONLINE VIA ZOOM
Therapeutic Yoga for Cancer
Over 2.5 million people in the UK are living with cancer with this figure predicted to rise to 4 million by 2030. Interest in the use of yoga therapy interventions is increasing among health professionals and cancer patients who are seeking out alternative ways of managing symptoms, side effects of treatments and finding ways of moving forwards after cancer. As yoga teachers and therapists we need to be informed and prepared to meet this growing need for alternative interventions in order to support people holistically and safely at all stages of the cancer journey.
Who will this day suit:
Yoga teachers or therapists interested in working with people with cancer.
The day will be lecture, community sharing and practical work in groups and pairs.
- What is cancer? Overview, incidence and prevalence
- Aetiology of cancer; Common causes and treatments
- Viewing cancer from the perspective of the koshas
- Common issues and side effects of cancer and cancer treatments; to include pain, fatigue, nausea, lymphoedema and osteoporosis
- Risks associated when teaching yoga and pranayama for cancer at all stages – keeping your students safe.
- Rebuilding strength and moving forward after cancer
- Using Yoga Nidra and relaxation tools
- Ethics and challenges for teachers and therapists and the importance of self-care and supervision
- Useful resources
This day will offer an initial insight and overview of the tools you will need to develop when working within the complex field of cancer, privately, in social care or NHS settings. Further in depth CPD will be offered 7th October – 12th October 2020.
When: Saturday 11 July 2020 10.00 – 18.00
Where: ONLINE VIA ZOOM /MINDED INSTITUTE
Booking is directly with The Minded Institute
‘Rebuild, Restore and Relax with Yoga’ – New Block starts 18 June 2020
A programme of yoga for people living with cancer and other health conditions.
Join us in a safe and calming environment to explore:
- Tools to promote ease of movement and build strength and resilience in the physical body
- A range of gentle movement, breathing and restorative exercises to aid recovery and healing
- Creative ways to manage discomfort, pain and the anxiety which can arise from this
- Using yoga techniques to help your body reach a more relaxed state when facing illness or life stress
- Ways to improve the quality of your rest and sleep
- Relaxation, visualisation and energy work to help you manage the emotional and physical fatigue caused by cancer, long term or terminal health difficulties or simply general fatigue.
To book a place call Emma or Colby at Aurora on 01909 470985
Places are limited and booking essential.
When: Thursdays between 2.00pm – 3.15pm
Full or partial term or single classes available. Booking essential.
Where: Macmillan Aurora Wellbeing Centre, Old Library Building, Worksop – CURRENTLY ONLINE VIA ZOOM